Wednesday, December 22, 2010

xmas cookies & candy: dark chocolate salted caramels, hazelnut truffles, triple ginger cookies and dark chocolate/cranberry/macadamia cookies!

Tunes: Patrick Watson, 2 albums: Close to Paradise and Wooden Arms, these can be found in Ping on Itunes. Just search "Jessie Weber" in Montreal, the playlist is called "Xmas treats"

Click on the recipe titles to link to the recipes on epicurious.com...


I don't start my new job until January 10th, so what will I do with my "free" time? Make an assortment of Christmas candy and cookies for friends and family (and me), of course. I'm starting with highly rated epicurious.com recipes. I will update with recipe tweaks soon...
__________________________________________


 Here are mine - couldn't find gold candy cups, so used muffin liners - less pretty but damned delicious!

__________________________________________

 Making the caramel...

the caramel!

  Melted chocolate gets fleur de sel...

  ....mixing the melted dark chocolate into the caramel...


Chocolate/caramel/fleur de sel combination gets rolled into balls, rolled into cocoa powder


...and finally, dipped in 70% chocolate and sprinkled with fleur de sel

__________________________________________


 The dough gets rolled into balls, rolled into sugar...

 ...the finished cookies - really good!
__________________________________________
(yes I've already decided to go dark!): 


The dough...
 ...the cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment